The 5th Anniversary of SteelKiwi Development!
Birthdays are always a great time for reflection, looking back at what we’ve achieved and looking forward to what is in store for the future. To celebrate SteelKiwi’s 5th birthday, we wanted to think about what we have accomplished in half a decade.
SteelKiwi’s results are what characterize us better than the most eloquent words. That is why we decided to share the most interesting company statistics from 2015, depicting who we are and what we do best.
- Establishing representative offices in the USA and Israel.
- Collaborating with Dutch educational portal, Eurogates, to help students from all over the world enroll in higher education in the Netherlands.
- During opertional time of SteelKiwi we've tried different methodologies of development. We had a lot of experience working using Lean, Scrum, Waterfall and Kanban methodologies and only in the 2015 we concentrated on Lean and Scrum, polishing our internal (scheduling, development, communication inside team, quality assurance) and external (communication with customer, work with requirements, release) processes. As result, 2015th brought us much better results in terms of three most important aspects: code quiality, delivery time and budget. And, as a bonus, for now we definitely know cases, where one or another methodology leads to the deadend.
- We’ve been proud to develop a technical blog where we regularly publish articles, share features and innovative solutions, and discuss the valuable experience we’ve gained over the years.
Besides these changes, we’re also very pleased with the progress we made in 2015. Highlights include:
- Being named one of the best web and mobile developers by an independent analyst Clutch.co target which included us in their top 10 Best IT Product Development Companies in Ukraine list.
- Growing our team to 55, with 14 tech specialists and an additional 5 interns joining us recently.
- Attending 20 events and conferences (CTO&CEO, PM&Sales, DevOps, iOS&Andriod, Python) throughout the year to exchange knowledge and engage with other industry experts.
- Working with talented student developers that have been awarded prizes for their skills. (1st place for a junior Python developer at the Vinnytsia Hackathon event and 3rd place for a junior Android developer at the Mobile Development Championship!)
If you want to stay up to date with our growth and development, connect with us via our social networks:
2015 was a great year for us and we’re looking forward to what 2016 has in store! Cheers to 5 years and here is to many more!
Remember our achievements in 2014 4 Year Anniversary here :)