“Meteor digest. May ”
MDG has just pushed a beta release including a larger change that will land in 1.3.3: DDP batching. To upgrade to the release, run:
meteor update --release 1.3.3-ddp-batching-beta.0
The work over Galaxy hosting is going on:
- Galaxy was intergrated with letsencrypt.org service;
- Documentation is improved;
- Data-center has been opened in Europe and is expected in Asia;
- There is an opportunity now to save up to 20% of hosting price thanks to Reserved Pricing.
CEO & Co-founder MeteorJS Geoff Schmidt discussed the possible prospects and development trends of MeteorJS platform.
Two important changes are waiting for us in 1.4 version:
- Transition to Node.js 4 version;
- Transition to MongoDB 3.2 version.
Simon Liu published a step-by-step tutorial for testing React UI components.
Ryan Glover in his article told about using of the Meteor HTTP package and HTTP requests in general.
In the 12th transmission episode Paul Dowman, Sashko Stubailo and Zol Olah consider the forthcoming release of MeteorJS 1.4 version, compare Meteor Guide with other tutorials and discuss allow/deny rules.
The channel for Blaze library discussion was created in Slack.
Spencer Carli described the advantages of using MeteorJS platform as back-end for React Native.
Pete Corey in his article describes the vulnerability of DoS in MeteorJS and suggests variants to solve the problem.
Max Savin published the 3rd version of a popular package Meteor Toys with a big number of improvements.